Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Phoebe Marion Elsie Welcome Day"


So...do you know any words that start with a "d" and rhyme with giant? Defiant. That would be the word of the day. The dictionary defines someone who is defiant as someone who is boldly resisting authority. Today was one of "those" days for Phoebe. She is incredibly independent. She also on occasion feels she is at the least as capable as her six and ten year old brothers.

I arrived shortly after ten to find my son making oatmeal for Ms Phoebe. It seems that for some reason she slept much later than usual and awoke with a rare cast of the "uglies". She insists on dressing herself, which would be so welcomed by so many parents, but sometimes a two year old needs just a bit of assistance. She got her dress over her head in fine fashion but it seems that it was backside front and there was a telltale tag just so obviously appearing at the neckline. Her Dad was pretty insistent that she turn it around and wear the dress properly. Well...you can only imagine what transpired next....oh yes...a real full blown tantrum! Of course that is when I entered.

I had been asked to come "visit with Phoebe" while her Dad drove to New Haven to lunch with Phoebe's Mom and deliver his newest handmade Wedge guitar to G Guitar. I love to play and visit with Phoebe so I jumped at the chance. Today wasn't a typical visit. Phoebe was out of sorts from beginning to end. Her second tantrum came when she wanted a gummy vitamin and I told her no. I'm extremely careful about dispensing any medicine to a grandchild with the express consent and direction of a parent. I tried to explain that to her...but to avail. She is two after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home